Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Milton,PA







Mike and I spent 4 days unwinding in Milton,PA at of all places Yogi Bear's Shangri La!!!! Nice campground,very well taken care of, with lots of work campers, running here and there..LOL..Needless to say Milton is not a hub of activity..BUT it is within 30 minutes of Knobels Amusement Park..Knobels has been in operation since 1923..and is an absolute hoot!!!! I had been there many years ago,( Dom and Marie will remember that trip!!) but didn't remember half of what Mike and I saw. We wandered the park and Mike talked me into going on a chair lift ride ( now those of you who know me, for along time ,know I don't like heights!!!) Well up up up we go..1300 feet in a ski-lift!!!!! After I stopped shaking I had to admit it was a great view...We walked the park and ate some junk,it was a really great day..( Pictures will be on the Blog)
Today we moved on to Windsor NY, our first stop in New York State. A short note from our traveling companions..HELP!!!!!!!!!! The pups and Dusty are still trying to figure out how they got here..LOL
And the adventure continues..:)
From the road
Jan and Mike

No comments: