Friday, May 29, 2009

Kansas





We traveled to Kansas City, where Mike and I met up with Nan and Don. They were there for Nan's nieces wedding. Mike and I had seen a Blog on the "Moon Marble Factory" and we dragged Nan and Don with us. They make the most beautiful marbles, and we watched a demonstration, of how they are made..now we all (or most of us) played marbles as kids, but these were large colorful marbles. We all went for Kansas Barbeque, and strolled through Cabelas.. The Great American Barbeque Festival, was being held in Bonner Springs, and we met there the following day. It was actually set-up day,but we had a chance to talk to some of the competitors and sample some of the ribs. On Sunday, Mike and I left Kansas for our trek to Colorado. The Eastern part of Kansas was beautiful, and we past some great wind turbines. The rest of the drive was boring, windy and I believe I missed alot as I fell asleep as Mike tooled down the road..:). In other words not much to see crossing Kansas!!!!!
From the road,
Jan and Mike
















No comments: